Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I behave differently in front of different people,
add all those sides of me up, and that is me.

Not me putting on a front, not me hiding 'my true self'
(for 'my true self is all these added together).


So what do I mean when I say "people don't know who I really am"?

I'm just saying they don't know me in depth, the person I want them to see me as. I am the bubbly/crazy girl they see (and with moodswings at times), but I do not want people to see me as that and only that. I want them to see this side of me more than ever, and the side of me that not even this blog knows. The side of me I am unable to show others because it only shows itself when I am at my most comfortable state - alone and free from expectations. Expectations I have set for myself, not by others. If that is how I define who "I really am", then nobody on earth will know who I am, though I want them to. Same for every other existent person.

-

It may not be such a scary thing for people to be able to see through us, for we will all then have no reason to lie - there is no point in lying if they know it is a lie. There will be no excuse to hide our true self, and in that state we must all accept who we are. I say must, but in fact being able to accept ourselves is a privilege. And there shall be no such thing as doubt anymore. We can't doubt anybody if they can't hide the truth, can we?

How will the world be with absolute transparency? On first thought it is scary, or maybe on second thought too but if there is such thing as acceptance as well..? It might not be nice to know (a friend's) negative thoughts on us, but it might be nice to know they've changed their mind after, or that at that point in time we could learn to accept it. Don't horrible facts get easier to take after a while.

Of course I'm missing out on other scary parts of gaining absolutely transparency. I'm just thinking - what if?

No comments: